AM Home - Radon  Termite  Septic  Mold Water  Pools/Spa  Sprinkler  Lead

Hot Water Heaters
HVAC Filter Maintenance
Plumbing
powered by

My Blog

Toilet Flushing

Why is the Toilet Flushing Itself?

OK, so you just heard the toilet flush in the middle of the night. No one else is in the house, and you don’t think your home has a ghost. Later that night, you hear it again. Ughhh. How will you explain this to the plumber?

Don’t worry.

What you’re probably hearing is the toilet refilling as if it had been flushed. But how is that possible? Water in the tank is slowly leaking past the flush valve and into the bowl. As the bowl fills, the water silently flows down the drain line. When the water in the tank gets low, the automatic fill valve opens and you hear the tank filling – just as if the toilet had been flushed. The fix is simple: clean or repair the flush ball or flap valve. At times, the problem can be fixed just by wiping deposits off the mating surfaces. Other times you’ll need to replace the valve because of a crack or surface imperfection. If you want to test for this type of silent leak, place a few drops of food coloring in the tank. Within a short time, you’ll notice the color in the bowl – a sure sign of a leaking flush valve.

29 Comments to Toilet Flushing:

Comments RSS
best on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 6:33 AM
As we know all are dealing with different post with good tips! so this is one of the good one

EduBirdie Review on Saturday, March 17, 2018 10:09 AM
Your explanation has given me a good idea about this incident, as of till now I did not face any this type of situation in my life. But, your article can be useful one for me I see or hear any this kind of sound in the night. Where my toilet get automatically flushed by its own.

John drhh on Friday, April 27, 2018 9:59 AM
wow! love Blog.

http://www.healthminimarket.com on Friday, April 27, 2018 5:37 PM
very Good Information. also sunday

essay service reviews on Monday, April 30, 2018 7:28 AM
I have never moved in my entire life so can't really help you, but an assignment writing service might be able to do so as it is very efficient in filtering information.

write my college essays on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 8:57 AM
Your blog has always been so useful, i also found a site on your blog that write a long time ago.You always share such good and helpful stuff. You are amazing!

bestessays writers on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 4:17 PM
I don't know where can I use this info. But I am grateful for this post anyway.

Winnie Jabulisile on Monday, May 21, 2018 12:38 AM
Although, I have never faced a problem with automatic flushing in toilet, but whenever I feel a need to call someone for plumbing help, I give a call to Winnie Jabulisile from PlumberCenturion.com as it helps me to overcome the issues in the budget-friendly manner.

Tony on Monday, May 28, 2018 1:18 AM
Great!

Dwayne on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 12:02 AM
What a good and informative post here. There are very useful information shared in this post. Thanks and carry on it. Garage Racking

markus on Friday, June 08, 2018 12:05 AM
Nice

SEO Services in Islamabad on Friday, June 22, 2018 1:21 PM
the one amazing blog

John Gordon on Saturday, July 07, 2018 5:30 AM
You have mentioned about toilet and flushing cleaning service which i like reading.Everyone should take advantage of their services. carpet cleaning services for commercial

replica gucci handbags on Friday, July 20, 2018 11:10 PM
As the bowl fills, the water silently flows down the drain line.

1 dollar com do on Monday, August 06, 2018 7:19 AM
This is a mind-boggling moving article. I am all around that truly matters content with your colossal work You put endlessly astoundingly vivacious information.

profesional cleaning company on Thursday, August 09, 2018 8:22 PM
It is important to clean toilets of our homes. There are different ways to clean our toilet. As we know about toilet flusing. There are water tanks which we can use with toilet. Water tanks are helpful for flusihing.
Reply to comment

http://cydiabuzz.com/download-wattpad-for-pc-laptop-windows-mac/ on Thursday, September 27, 2018 5:26 AM

http://huntingtipsthatwork.com/?p=23 on Sunday, September 30, 2018 3:32 AM

ryanjackson on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:21 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this information about the toilet flushing. I like the discussion which you share in this post. I saw the other blogs too all are very well. Keep it up and keep sharing. provide high quality rubber sheet

Jack on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:05 AM
All kinds of the inspection services provided here. I am very impress to see in the work. I am very impress to see in the work.rubber matting company in uk

Eleston on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:20 AM
Home inspection services is very help to clean the all kinds of the toilet and flushing. I am appreciate in the work. Shop online rubber roofs

Johny on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:01 AM
Truly inspiring article you have shared through this post all about Toilet Flushing. I am very happy and must want to appreciate your efforts. Website

Lawrence Todd Maxwell on Saturday, November 17, 2018 5:05 AM
I admire people who keep sharing valuable stories through great writing. I'm glad to have read this blog. Thanks and hope to read more soon.

Blade Runner 2 on Saturday, November 24, 2018 6:35 AM
Pleasant to visit your site page once more, it has been months for me. Well this article i have been sat tight for so long. I require this piece to finish my task in school, and it has same theme with your piece. Much appreciated, incredible offer…

Skycap Loans on Tuesday, December 04, 2018 3:53 AM
Founded in 2013 and based in Kingston, Ontario, Skycap Loans strives to offer a better lending experience, through a fast and easy loan application process.

imitazione rolex prezzi on Monday, December 24, 2018 8:05 AM
In many colleges and universities, sport is a big deal.

thesiswritings on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 11:46 AM
Folic acid is good for the development of the child in pregnant women. I have not read any study that it is a cause of autism. Kindly share if you have read any.

Go Sik Ying on Monday, January 14, 2019 4:47 AM
aku berkeliling kota dengan teman-temanku, menyanyikan ini ke 18 pusat plat stainless ss316 pusat plat sumihard pusat round bar besi aisi 440s45c pusat round bar scm440 pusat steel rail pusat steel sheet pile stockis plat hardox stockist plat astm a285 c stockist plat high strenght stockist plat stainless ss316 stockist plat sumihard supplier plat hardox Jual besi siku undangan pernikahan yang unik Harga Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Toko Besi H beam Baja Supplier Plat Bordes Toko Welded Beam Toko Welded Beam ironsteelcenter.com Jual Plat besi plat kapal undangan pernikahan amplop Harga Bondek Cor Jual Besi H beam Baja Toko Plat Bordes harga besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen Welded Beam Agen Welded Beam Jual stainless steel Jual besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan unik dan murah Harga Atap Spandek Sni Harga Besi H beam Baja Agen Plat Bordes harga besi beton sii Jual Jaket Parka Jaket Parka undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Supplier sch 40 Supplier sch 40 Supplier Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Supplier besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan ala jepang Pabrik Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Toko Besi Unp Baja Supplier besi wf Toko sch 40 Toko sch 40 Supplier besi siku Supplier besi wf baja undangan pernikahan islami Pabrik Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Jual Besi Unp Baja Toko besi wf Distributor besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen sch 40 Agen sch 40 Supplier pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Supplier besi unp undangan pernikahan ada fotonya Pabrik Besi Wf Harga Besi Unp Baja Agen besi wf Distributor besi beton sii

repliche hublot orologi on Saturday, March 30, 2019 1:43 AM
My first priest reminded his servers every day that the best way to start a day was with daily mass and yet so many parishes have priests who on their day off cannot be found.