AM Home - Radon  Termite  Septic  Mold Water  Pools/Spa  Sprinkler  Lead

Hot Water Heaters
HVAC Filter Maintenance
Plumbing
powered by

My Blog

Toilet Flushing

Why is the Toilet Flushing Itself?

OK, so you just heard the toilet flush in the middle of the night. No one else is in the house, and you don’t think your home has a ghost. Later that night, you hear it again. Ughhh. How will you explain this to the plumber?

Don’t worry.

What you’re probably hearing is the toilet refilling as if it had been flushed. But how is that possible? Water in the tank is slowly leaking past the flush valve and into the bowl. As the bowl fills, the water silently flows down the drain line. When the water in the tank gets low, the automatic fill valve opens and you hear the tank filling – just as if the toilet had been flushed. The fix is simple: clean or repair the flush ball or flap valve. At times, the problem can be fixed just by wiping deposits off the mating surfaces. Other times you’ll need to replace the valve because of a crack or surface imperfection. If you want to test for this type of silent leak, place a few drops of food coloring in the tank. Within a short time, you’ll notice the color in the bowl – a sure sign of a leaking flush valve.

22 Comments to Toilet Flushing:

Comments RSS
best on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 6:33 AM
As we know all are dealing with different post with good tips! so this is one of the good one

EduBirdie Review on Saturday, March 17, 2018 10:09 AM
Your explanation has given me a good idea about this incident, as of till now I did not face any this type of situation in my life. But, your article can be useful one for me I see or hear any this kind of sound in the night. Where my toilet get automatically flushed by its own.

John drhh on Friday, April 27, 2018 9:59 AM
wow! love Blog.

http://www.healthminimarket.com on Friday, April 27, 2018 5:37 PM
very Good Information. also sunday

essay service reviews on Monday, April 30, 2018 7:28 AM
I have never moved in my entire life so can't really help you, but an assignment writing service might be able to do so as it is very efficient in filtering information.

write my college essays on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 8:57 AM
Your blog has always been so useful, i also found a site on your blog that write a long time ago.You always share such good and helpful stuff. You are amazing!

bestessays writers on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 4:17 PM
I don't know where can I use this info. But I am grateful for this post anyway.

Winnie Jabulisile on Monday, May 21, 2018 12:38 AM
Although, I have never faced a problem with automatic flushing in toilet, but whenever I feel a need to call someone for plumbing help, I give a call to Winnie Jabulisile from PlumberCenturion.com as it helps me to overcome the issues in the budget-friendly manner.

Tony on Monday, May 28, 2018 1:18 AM
Great!

Dwayne on Wednesday, June 06, 2018 12:02 AM
What a good and informative post here. There are very useful information shared in this post. Thanks and carry on it. Garage Racking

markus on Friday, June 08, 2018 12:05 AM
Nice

SEO Services in Islamabad on Friday, June 22, 2018 1:21 PM
the one amazing blog

John Gordon on Saturday, July 07, 2018 5:30 AM
You have mentioned about toilet and flushing cleaning service which i like reading.Everyone should take advantage of their services. carpet cleaning services for commercial

replica gucci handbags on Friday, July 20, 2018 11:10 PM
As the bowl fills, the water silently flows down the drain line.

1 dollar com do on Monday, August 06, 2018 7:19 AM
This is a mind-boggling moving article. I am all around that truly matters content with your colossal work You put endlessly astoundingly vivacious information.

profesional cleaning company on Thursday, August 09, 2018 8:22 PM
It is important to clean toilets of our homes. There are different ways to clean our toilet. As we know about toilet flusing. There are water tanks which we can use with toilet. Water tanks are helpful for flusihing.
Reply to comment

http://cydiabuzz.com/download-wattpad-for-pc-laptop-windows-mac/ on Thursday, September 27, 2018 5:26 AM

http://huntingtipsthatwork.com/?p=23 on Sunday, September 30, 2018 3:32 AM

ryanjackson on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:21 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this information about the toilet flushing. I like the discussion which you share in this post. I saw the other blogs too all are very well. Keep it up and keep sharing. provide high quality rubber sheet

Jack on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:05 AM
All kinds of the inspection services provided here. I am very impress to see in the work. I am very impress to see in the work.rubber matting company in uk

Eleston on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:20 AM
Home inspection services is very help to clean the all kinds of the toilet and flushing. I am appreciate in the work. Shop online rubber roofs

Johny on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 4:01 AM
Truly inspiring article you have shared through this post all about Toilet Flushing. I am very happy and must want to appreciate your efforts. Website